Monday 16 March 2015

Acne Help, Skinlycious Products Review

I have been using The Skin Pharmacy's products for about 4 months now and although they did help ease my acne situation, I was still getting red bumps here and there, at random spots on my face. Sometimes they would transform into full blown bumps under the skin. I suspect my outbreak was caused by the rough exfoilation of the GlamGlow Tinglexfoiliate Mask and SK-II Facial Treatment Essence as pointed out by my GP. It's sad because I really loved the SK-II Facial Treatment Masks. They are sadly too rich for people with Acne-prone skin. I now stick to 'OIL-FREE' everything. Lol.

I was so helpless that I almost made an appointment at one of those famous aesthetic clinics because my friends had seen good results. People around me are starting to recommend me products and giving me that look of disdain when they see my face. 'Your face outbreak ah?', 'Your skin not good leh.' are some comments I received. I was depressed, and I cried. A LOT that is. Those words would just replay in my mind and tears would just start streaming down. I am really not exaggerating, that was how bad it was. I didn't want to go out and I was desperate for a solution. 

One day, my stars aligned and I came across the Facebook ad by Skinlycious. I know, the name doesn't sound professional and the brand is unheard of. But I was desperate and I was willing to try anything. Of course I did some background reading and checks before I placed my first order. I initially ordered their 7-in-1 Pore Refining Serum because I actually just restocked my TSP products (and they cost me a bomb). I also requested for a sample of Skinlycious' Anti-Acne Solution which they kindly added into my order. 

I received these 2 products on the 4th of March and started using them together with my TSP products. I remembered clearly that I just returned home from teaching tuition that Wednesday night and found a large painful bump growing on my chin, so I was like, 'YAY let's put Skinlycious products to the test!' I dabbed the Anti-Acne solution on the spot and followed up with a moisturiser. Woke up the next morning and realised that the bump wasn't as large and painful anymore. AMAZING. I also noticed that my face did not oil up as fast when I used the Pore Refining Serum. 

'Okay, these products might actually work.' I was excited to see the results and I dropped Jasmine, their founder, an email to ask how should I incorporate her products into my current routine as I still have a bunch of newly bought TSP products sitting in my cupboard. She suggested that I finish up my current products and switch over to their Anti-Acne bundle, which includes their Cleanser, Anti-Acne Solution and Hydrator. However, being the impatient person that I am, I decided to go ahead and purchase the products nonetheless. I received my full set on the 10th of March,

I started using the products religiously and guess what? My redness, bumps and clogged pores improved tremendously after 3 days, I am not even kidding. People around me started telling me how much better my skin has gotten. Of course I still have a bit of clogged pores around my jawline and hyperpigmentation but the acne situation as gotten under control. I only get some very tiny bumps and the larger ones subsided within a day or two. I can actually go out without makeup now and my skin looks fine. I am hoping that with continued usage, I can achieve acne-free skin!

Of course the Anti-Acne Solution IS drying and may cause some peeling, but nothing a good hydrator cant fix. My skin is very very thin and delicate and these products work well for me. When I say a major improvement, it really is. I used to go through a box of 3M Acne Patches within 3-4 days but now I only need one or two a day. SIDE NOTE: These little patches are amazing for those annoying tiny bumps! I do also dab a little Differin prescribed by my GP at night for a little extra oomph, so far my skin is holding up well.

I am really glad I found these products and for anyone of you suffering from acne, do check out Skinlycious' products. I am almost certain you'll love it as much as I do.

I know it might to too early to say this but I am certain the products really do work as I saw the transformation myself. I'll try to post some photos when I have time! Perseverance and the right products really pays off. I'm thankful that my boyfriend motivates me throughout this whole ordeal and when I get depressed, he does his best to distract me from thinking negatively. I also started doing yoga daily and it helps refresh my mind.

P.S: Not an advertorial, as I am no blogger. I'm just sharing my experience and hopefully able to help people with the same situation!

With love,
A

2 comments:

||vavaron|| said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
||vavaron|| said...

Came across your blogpost randomly while googling for skinlycious reviews. I'm not sure if you are still blogging since this post was 2 years ago, but would like to ask if you are still using Skinlycious products? Thank you.