Monday 14 September 2015

Product Review: Kotex LUXE Ultrathin Overnight & Day Pads

Disclaimer: Products are kindly sent to me by samplestore.com, but reviews are based entirely on my own experience.

I am actually a long-time user of Kotex's products so I'm really excited to try their LUXE series.
These are the two products from the soft & smooth line that I have been using regularly!

Samplestore kindly sent both the day & night pads over, and it is really timely as Aunt Flo's in town this week 

Instead of the usual white/single coloured wrappers, Kotex LUXE series actually features 4 different coloured wrappers. An instant mood lifter I'd say, especially when you're on your period feeling like  The pad design also varies so it's a surprise each time you open one!




Below is a comparison chart between the Kotex Soft & Smooth Ultrathin and Kotex Luxe Ultrathin pads:












Here's a little experiment I did using my existing pads to compare it with the Kotex LUXE ones!

That's the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin for Regular flow on the left and the Kotex Soft & Smooth Slim on the right. You can already tell that the Ultrathin is much thinner than the Soft & Smooth one!

My verdict: It is much thinner as compared to my regular Kotex day pads, which makes it a breeze to wear. You know how sometimes we have to be really careful about wearing tight dresses or bandage skirts when we are on our periods? I think that with Kotex Luxe Ultrathin pads, we wouldn't have to worry about that. I have also stuck with Kotex pads because they make the most comfortable cotton pads! I hate those netted ones... super uncomfortable. At first I was a little hesitant if these would feel rough against my skin but nope! They're really comfortable to wear.

But wait... What's the worst period nightmare you can have? Overnight leakage, gross.

Here's the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Overnight Pads YouTube commercial. The things mentioned in the video are spot-on!

Our girl problems are now solved with Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Overnight pads! It is THE pad that will help you realise that overnight period leakage is never your fault!




Now I know we can't compare a 'non Ultrathin/regular' pad to an 'Ultrathin' pad but these are the only ones I have hahaha and coincidentally they're also from Kotex. The Kotex Soft & Smooth Night has ProActive Guards that prevent leakages, while the Kotex Luxe UltraThin Night has Surround Lock Protection with surrounding embossed star-contours designed to help provide you with additional security and leakage problem! The most significant difference between the two pads is that the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Night pad comes with the new Honeycomb Liquid-Locker technology specially designed to rapidly absorb and lock away fluid to help prevent back-flow, so that skin feels dry and comfortable!

This is the enhanced U-Shape Back Guard of the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Night designed to rise up upon contact with fluid, helps absorbs and prevents back-flow. Say goodbye to back leakage!

Kotex Ultrathin Night 32cm

See how fast it absorbs!

My verdict: I know that some of us might feel that a thicker pad offers 'extra protection' but it's definitely not true! I absolutely love the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Night pads during a heavy flow. It absorbs much faster than my regular Kotex night pads and I'm definitely switching over once I've finished my current pack. Why? Because it is really comfortable and leaves me feeling very clean and dry! No damp feeling at all HAHA. Leakage wise, I'd have to say I trust Kotex because the regular night pads have already been working well for me at preventing any night leakages, but I believe that the Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Night is as effective if not more, because it really adheres to the contours of your body.

Want to try these amazing pads before buying them? 
Head over now to samplestore to redeem your free sample or you can also request one on Kotex Facebook page for free!

Both Kotex Luxe Ultrathin 28cm (14s) and Kotex Luxe Ultrathin Night 32cm (12s) are retailing at S$5.95 each at all local supermarkets and leading pharmacies.

No comments: